YOUR TOO SLOW.
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Whirling Blades is a fast paced isometric combat game that uses 2 buttons… Left and right click.
Important things to know:
- items are used automatically, just keep an eye on how many blueberries and apples you've got left. :P
- there are four weapons, try to get them all!
- red bar is health, green bar is energy
- every enemy has multiple unique traits, these are important to figure out!
- there are little quirks to the game that'll also help you if you figure them out
Some Useful Buttons:
- P: Pause
- F11: Change Window Size
- Escape: Close Game
Whirling Blades was made in 48 hours for the 3rd Alakajam with the theme "Always Growing".
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
YOUR TOO SLOW.
Was this made in a game engine or just code?
Just code. I used Python and Pygame. I also wrote the isometric code from the ground up during the jam.
I have downloaded both thing above and i cant seem to find a way to start the game. can anyone help me?
I really enjoyed this little game. it has great replayability and I loved how good it was considering it was made in 48 hours. I'd like to see this made into a full game.
I’m actually thinking about taking the core mechanics and adding something cool to it (a secret) but taking away the isometric part. I’m @DaFluffyPotato on twitter and you can follow me if you’re interested in a possible sequel.
It's amazing and interesting.
This game is awesome for a jam game.
Love the style!